Would You be friends with YOU?

    So last week...I get a text from my best friend. It simply said "Just so you know, I'd punch someone in the face for you" HA! That's how I know we're really friends :) Unfortunately our schedules haven't allowed for us to spend a whole lot of time together...and her comment kind of came out of left field, but I didn't put too much into it.


    I ran into her in the grocery store parking lot later in the week and she says, "I have to tell you something, but you have to promise not to keep asking who said it." Of course, I promised...and she proceeded to tell me, "remember when I texted you and said I'd punch someone in the face for you? Weeeellllll, I just lost a friend just then because of you guys." I questioned what happened and she said that she was talking to someone and they told her, "I'm surprised that you and your husband are friends with them. I just didn't think you were the kind of people to hang out with those kind of people." She immediately said, "What do you mean, those kind of people?!? Do you know them? Do you know that her husband would jump in front of a moving vehicle to save my kid? Do you know that she is and has been there for anything I can possibly need? You must not know them!" Who ever she was talking to said, "I see the kind of people that come in and out of their house...I just didn't think you'd be friends with people like that".



    All of this is made more funny, because the house that they're talking about, isn't even mine. I don't live there. My dad lives there. My husband works for my dad....A BUSINESS IS RUN out of the garage. Can you always control what you customers look like? Just check out www.peopleofwalmart.com Of course you can't.


    It's funny how quick people can jump to conclusions...but it definitely made me question if looking from the outside in, would I be friends with me?

p.s. I'm super grateful that I've got a friend who would stand up for me that way :) I love her!

Comments

  1. That is so awesome that your friend would stand up for you like that. She is definitely a keeper.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cara Box!

This blogging thing is weird...

One Month In